About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am an obsessive-compulsive college student trying to balance school, family, and life. Most days I do pretty well, but when I don't, it's a world-stopping show of emotions. I live with my recently divorced partner and her two kids, who don't know about our relationship. In general, my life is a mess and most days I don't know up from down, but I'm doing my best to orient myself in the right direction.

The People

Skittles: My partner with whom I live.
Bear: The eldest daughter of Skittles. She is 13.
Tweedle: The youngest daughter of Skittles. She is 8.
Jerkwad: The ex-husband of Skittles.
The Saint: Jerkwad's live-in girlfriend.

Liar: A mistake from my past.

More will be added as need be. If you have questions as to how people gained thier names, just ask.


Sunday, March 29, 2009

Yelling and Painting

Why is it so hard to not yell at the 13 year old. For Bear's birthday we told her that she could paint her room. Great present, right? Right. We thought so, too. Until, that is, we actually started painting. I helped out for awhile, but had to stop due to deadlines for school. Ever since I left, the yelling about Bear, who is ONLY 13, being careless has yet to cease. So far, I hate painting with a passion.

As a side note, the yelling is something that I am constantly trying to nip in the bud. Skittles yells at both the kids. The kids yell at each other. Skittles and I yell at each other as well. I have really, REALLY tried to not yell unless it is absolutely necessary. That is not to say that I don't lose my temper and yell when I shouldn't, but it seems like no one else in this house seems to care. How do you teach kids not to yell when their mom can't seem to stop yelling at them for EVERYTHING?

No comments:

Post a Comment