About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am an obsessive-compulsive college student trying to balance school, family, and life. Most days I do pretty well, but when I don't, it's a world-stopping show of emotions. I live with my recently divorced partner and her two kids, who don't know about our relationship. In general, my life is a mess and most days I don't know up from down, but I'm doing my best to orient myself in the right direction.

The People

Skittles: My partner with whom I live.
Bear: The eldest daughter of Skittles. She is 13.
Tweedle: The youngest daughter of Skittles. She is 8.
Jerkwad: The ex-husband of Skittles.
The Saint: Jerkwad's live-in girlfriend.

Liar: A mistake from my past.

More will be added as need be. If you have questions as to how people gained thier names, just ask.


Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Parents (Not) Acting Like Parents

Why is it that when Jerkwad (Skittles's ex-husband) takes the girls out for the evening that he can't get them home at a respectable time? Why is it hard to understand that getting a child, especially one with ADD, in bed 2 hours late will SEVERELY impede their performance at school the next day?

Let me digress. Bear and Tweedle recently had a cousin born whom is very sick and in the hospital. He (Baby Cousin) was in PICU for a couple of weeks and very, very sick. A few nights ago, he was moved to the normal floor where he can now have visitors. So, Jerkwad decides to take the girls to go see their cousin for the first time. Now, understand, that tonight Tweedle had a soccer game that wasn't over until 7:15. Also understand that Tweedle's bed time is 8:00 and she takes a shower and eats a calorie packed snack before she goes to bed. Additionally, this task is painstaking since, by this point, her medicine has worn off. Disregarding all of this Jerkwad whisks them off to the hospital and comments that they will only stay for a few minutes and then come home.

Yeah. Right. 10:00. He returned them at 10:00! 2 HOURS PAST TWEEDLES BED TIME! So, tonight I had to deal with a whiny, overly-tired 8 year old who is whiny and tired by no fault of her own. Needless to say, she took a shower (only because she had a game tonight) and went to bed. No snack, no vitamin, no teeth brushing, no hair brushing. It won't surprise me if she gets a note at school tomorrow. How can one be so self-centered to not realize that their actions affect their children?

Side note: Jerkwad could have taken them tomorrow, when there is no game, but he had plans. It makes me wonder less about what time they get in bed when they are at his house. I know now that it's not on time.

One more thing. Did Skittles say anything to Jerkwad? Nope not one thing. Not a snide comment or anything. Arrgh. What was one of my posts titled? Oh, right. Grow a spine.

No comments:

Post a Comment