About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am an obsessive-compulsive college student trying to balance school, family, and life. Most days I do pretty well, but when I don't, it's a world-stopping show of emotions. I live with my recently divorced partner and her two kids, who don't know about our relationship. In general, my life is a mess and most days I don't know up from down, but I'm doing my best to orient myself in the right direction.

The People

Skittles: My partner with whom I live.
Bear: The eldest daughter of Skittles. She is 13.
Tweedle: The youngest daughter of Skittles. She is 8.
Jerkwad: The ex-husband of Skittles.
The Saint: Jerkwad's live-in girlfriend.

Liar: A mistake from my past.

More will be added as need be. If you have questions as to how people gained thier names, just ask.


Monday, March 30, 2009

Splish Splash I Was Takin A Bath

Well, OK, I wasn't taking a bath, but Tweedle was. Understand that getting her to get in and out of the shower in less than 45 minutes is a miracle. Needless to say, I cringe and the clock rolling over to 7pm every night. Tonight, she kept me on my toes, though. I go in there to check on her and step in puddles of water.

Me: Umm, Tweedle, why is the floor all wet?
Her: I don't know. I didn't do it.
Me: Whatever, hurry up. (I'm tired tonight and didn't feel like fighting that battle)

20 minutes later I go to check on her again and the floor is remarkably wetter. Additionally, I notice that the shower curtain is WIDE OPEN. Nice.

Me: What are you doing? Why is the shower curtain open?
Her: I don't know. I didn't do it. (Are you noticing a pattern here?)
Me: No, you did do it. What I want to know is what would possess you to take a shower with the curtain open! (I've lost my patience at this point)
Her: I just like it better that way.
Me: Why?
Her: I don't know. It makes it more showery and open and like the rain that isn't inside.
Me: Blank stare

I don't make this stuff up.

Kids. Argh.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but I am dying laughing here. It does make some sense though, unfortunately, a mess too! lol. at least it's just water :)

    ReplyDelete