About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am an obsessive-compulsive college student trying to balance school, family, and life. Most days I do pretty well, but when I don't, it's a world-stopping show of emotions. I live with my recently divorced partner and her two kids, who don't know about our relationship. In general, my life is a mess and most days I don't know up from down, but I'm doing my best to orient myself in the right direction.

The People

Skittles: My partner with whom I live.
Bear: The eldest daughter of Skittles. She is 13.
Tweedle: The youngest daughter of Skittles. She is 8.
Jerkwad: The ex-husband of Skittles.
The Saint: Jerkwad's live-in girlfriend.

Liar: A mistake from my past.

More will be added as need be. If you have questions as to how people gained thier names, just ask.


Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Working On It Takes Hard Work and Much Patience

There hasn't been a single day that I haven't wanted to tear that stupid list to shreds. It didn't do any good. NOTHING has changed. I would dare say that things have gotten exponentially worse. I didn't realize that was possible. Last night we had our umpteenth fight over something stupid. This is the status quo these days.

Before I give a play-by-play of the ridiculous argument, you need some background information. Bear's room was finished a few days ago and ready to be put back together. I made a deal with Bear (I though Skittles was on board with this as well) that, for various reasons, one of two options could occur. One, I would do her entire room, but she had no say on how it was done or what was thrown out. Or, two, she could do it, on her own, however she wanted. She chose option one, obviously. This is the option I wanted her to choose. She is a HORRIBLE pack rat and her room needs to be gutted something fierce. So, I have been doing Bear's room, by myself, for the last three days. One of the last things to be done was the moving and reconnecting of electronics. I asked Skittles to do this, since she can accomplish it much more quickly than I can. After I asked her for help, she promptly delegated to Bear and went and sat down on the couch. I reacted, probably more severely than need be, and told her that this is not what I wanted. Bear shouldn't be doing it on her own, or even at all. She huffed and puffed and stomped off to do what I asked. I responded by asking her to just go away. I don't want help if I have to pull teeth to get it.

This fight lasted all night. This morning, there was a generic exchange of apologies, as per usual. Yet, the incidence won't be talked about, nor confronted again. Skittles thinks the things we fight about are stupid and do not need to be drudged through again.

It's been about 2 weeks since I packed a bag and left. I came home with the hope that things would get better. That Skittles wanted to work on things. Did I make the wrong decision?

No comments:

Post a Comment