About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I am an obsessive-compulsive college student trying to balance school, family, and life. Most days I do pretty well, but when I don't, it's a world-stopping show of emotions. I live with my recently divorced partner and her two kids, who don't know about our relationship. In general, my life is a mess and most days I don't know up from down, but I'm doing my best to orient myself in the right direction.

The People

Skittles: My partner with whom I live.
Bear: The eldest daughter of Skittles. She is 13.
Tweedle: The youngest daughter of Skittles. She is 8.
Jerkwad: The ex-husband of Skittles.
The Saint: Jerkwad's live-in girlfriend.

Liar: A mistake from my past.

More will be added as need be. If you have questions as to how people gained thier names, just ask.


Monday, April 20, 2009

Deep in the Bayou

So, last Friday, I decided that staying home was for losers. We, being without kids, were gonna go somewhere, anywhere. After MUCH deliberation we ended up in a Karnack, Texas on Caddo Lake. I must say, this lake was GORGEOUS! However, this lake was also a bayou. Think Spanish moss, cypress trees, and small winding canals. Friday night was great. We cooked out and watched the sun go down behind the trees. So serene. Saturday, Oh, Saturday. We decided that we were going to be adventurous. Bad decision. It was a beautiful Saturday: cool breeze, hot sun, and calm waters. About noon we ventured out to explore the waters via canoe. We mosied along for about 4 hours until we firmly decided that we were miserably lost. Well, not lost, exactly. We knew how to get home, but we also knew that we were miles from home and only had 3 hours before dark to get there. Begrudgingly and for fear of the unknown ahead, we turned our canoe back the way we came. Through tears and fear I dipped my paddle in the water and pushed the godforsaken vessel back to dry land. Oh, yea, and that nice cool breeze kicked up to 15 mph gusts that brought in storm clouds. Nice, right? I. Paddled. For Two. Solid. Hours. Two hours. That's some kind of pain, let me tell you. When we got back into town, we deduced via google maps that we ended up about 10 miles from home.

That fulfilled my adventure bug for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment